The Harmonic Lattice is an app for iPad makes musical harmony a visual and interactive experience. Notes and chords are arranged on a two-dimensional triangular grid known as a tonnetz according to their harmonic similarities and their relationship to the tonic note. Chord progressions can be generated by interacting with the lattice using an intuitive multi-touch interface. MIDI messages (from a file or from an instrument) can be sent wirelessly to The Harmonic Lattice to generate a live animation of the harmonic structure of a piece of music.
- Dozens of instruments make it possible to generate harmonies suitable for any style or genre of music.
- Use The Harmonic Lattice as a MIDI controller. Wirelessly connect to MIDI enabled synthesizers via WiFi.
- Algorithms automatically calculate the smoothest transitions between chords or voice leadings.
- Animated voice leadings
- Use the multi-touch interface to manually control how a chord is voiced
Visualize Harmonic Motion
- Visualize the harmonic structure of MIDI files and live MIDI events
- Connect to The Harmonic Lattice wirelessly via WiFi.